Nutley Public Schools
To learn about the district's current efforts, visit our virtual classroom, click here.
- challenges that foster curiosity, growth, and confidence.
- integrity in person, action, and process.
- safe, inspirational communities.
- respectful, supportive, resourceful, and independent citizens.
- persistent, collaborative, open communicators.
The mission of the Nutley Public Schools is to challenge, inspire, and empower students to become creative, confident, passionate, self-directed citizens who actively and purposefully contribute in our global society.
The Nutley Public School system is a sustainable, integrated, efficient, and innovative school district that serves as the unifying and driving force in the community’s effort to affect measurable growth as students develop into confident, responsible, productive, self-directed citizens who pursue excellence through personal, research-based, rigorous learning toward district established standards that fosters an on-going pursuit of excellence.
Behaviors that we want to ensure are part of our culture.
- Establish open and continuous communication to engage all stakeholders in the process of achieving our objectives.
- Inspire and energize students, staff, and all other members of our community to embrace, commit to, and collectively work towards achieving each of our strategic objectives.
- Identify and utilize active partnerships with community organizations to support the achievement of our objectives.
- Utilize only the existing resources that support student achievement and acquire new resources necessary to satisfy our objectives.
Behaviors we want to ensure are not part of our culture.
We will not:
- Continue to utilize resources or processes or promote beliefs that do not support student achievement.
- Implement new programs or services without the necessary professional development and support.
- Allow ineffective past practice to interfere with the consideration of new ideas.
- Pursue changes in policy or practice without defining what the change is, why it is necessary, who is responsible for its implementation and when it will be accomplished.
By June 2017, students in Nutley Public Schools will assume responsibility for the integrity of the Nutley student population, demonstrating character by their actions in school and the community and through their own participation, monitoring of, and presentation on codes of honor.
By June 2017, the district will have in place a detailed, efficient, and technology-based system of communication that allows for multiple avenues of information and the involvement of all stakeholders in ensuring and measuring student success.
By September 2017, all students will participate in and present the learning derived from curriculum-based, service-oriented community projects that instill confidence, responsibility, and produce measureable contributions to the community.
By June 2017, students at all grade levels will demonstrate mastery of core competencies and content through performance on common assessments, development of personal learning experiences, and presentations of their personal growth and learning to a variety of suitable audiences.
By September 2017, the school district will investigate and evaluate best practices by instructional grade span and transform the district’s structure as necessary based on these findings and the district’s physical, financial, and instructional realities.
By June 2017, the district will develop and implement a thorough, data-based process for analyzing curriculum, instruction, assessment, student performance, professional development, and resources in all curricular areas ensuring that professional practice is always current, relevant, and aligned to the most updated standards. Each curricular area will be reviewed on a, at most, five-year timeline. The results of each process will be presented publicly.